Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Episode 2 : A Staircase Leading Forwards and Back

16 years ago today, I launched my first experiment with this new hypertext tool called the World Wide Web and let a few friends know about it. A collaborative story, branching out to infinity, I branded it Addventure, after a high school project that inspired it.

It was such a success, that within a year, two more versions of the story had launched. And yet, within just a few years, it closed to new collaborators and has mostly faded into history.

This blog is an attempt by me to record some of the thoughts I still have about Addventure, what role it served in my life and in the life of the Web, what lessons I learned from it, what lessons it can learn from where the Web has evolved... and what path I can take with it next. Like Addventure itself, there were many paths and many choices I could have made over the years. Now seems like the right time to look back at some of those paths, and to set the foundation for the Addventure of the future.

I will also be moving some old release logs and notes to the blog, dating them with their original dates, and tagging them with the label "history".

3 comments:

  1. No Deposit Casino Bonuses - TrickToBonusCollect
    This page lists no deposit casino bonuses 위디스크 쿠폰 and 7m스코어 벳무브 the top 10 bonus 엔트리 파워 사다리 codes. 먹 중소 먹튀 검증 사이트 안전 놀이터 Check the top 10 스포츠토토 모바일 벳피스트 casinos to claim a no deposit bonus. Top 10 Bonus Codes to

    ReplyDelete
  2. Land-based and online convergence doesn’t get any extra exciting than this. This is Live Roulette sport motion in the quick 카지노 사이트 추천 lane with a customized wheel and skilled reside sellers. Betting happens solely in the course of the spin so there’s no ‘dead time’ and there’s no time misplaced in getting on with the next spin, both, due to quick video-based successful number recognition. In casinos providing a French wheel with the en jail rule, the player doesn't lose an even cash wager when the zero comes up. Instead, the wager is "in jail" -- the player doesn't lose the wager, but it stays in impact for the next spin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In addition, the Pennsylvania on-line casino bonus helps add one other participant to their base. The best real cash on-line casinos offer great incentives for brand spanking new|for model new} gamers, allowing them to win real cash without making a deposit. No deposit bonus codes allow you to claim no deposit bonuses. Casinos and affiliate entrepreneurs additionally use these codes determine out|to determine} how you got to an online casino. Moreover, some of these gaming websites that haven't any deposit bonus codes as half of} 솔카지노 their welcome offer will also include a deposit match bonus too. So when you consider your self a excessive roller, find a way to|you probably can} at all times make a deposit, in some circumstances as much as} $2,000, and get a HUGE deposit match bonus.

    ReplyDelete