- HTML was in it infancy, with no published standard. The "modern" browsers supported a proposal called HTML+, which first introduced forms, and enabled Addventure to actually work.
- These forms were still new, so they were used for pretty simple things. Although it was possible to create a multi-line text entry area, the most popular use was for guest book pages. Collaborative writing was nearly unheard of before Addventure.
- To handle these forms, a new protocol called CGI had been invented. It was... inefficient, to say the least, but it was all we had for a while.
- And what kind of program was called with the CGI? In those early days it was perl or a simple shell script, usually, but Addventure used C++
- People were expected to write in HTML, and we trusted that we would write HTML that was good! Wanted some space between a paragraph? Good luck! A slightly larger font? Wasn't happening.
Lots of differences between then and now. I'll be exploring these and more.
Players can rest assured that they're playing in} on a web site that can treat them https://thekingofdealer.com/jumbo-casino/ pretty. To get a crypto welcome bonus from Wild Casino, use the code CRYPTO300 to get a generous 300% first deposit bonus of up to as} $3,000. This is where Wild Casino really stands out since it accepts a wide variety|all kinds} of cryptocurrencies.ReplyDelete