Sunday, July 11, 2010

GeoAddventure?

I'm a Facebook Friend of Dan Patterson, and usually enjoy his comments about social media (particularly from his perspective as being part of the "old world" media). But I had never paid much attention to his Zombie Doom project before he posted a link to TechCrunch: Foursquare's Next Game: Choose Your Own Adventure (which is commenting on part of a podcast fromTheBigMoney) where he commented that this was what they were trying to do with Zombie Doom as well.

You can understand why I got interested.

But from what I can make out of both projects so far (not much, to be honest), they both sound like they're making an adventure and not an addventure, which is surprising considering both should have an understanding of user created content, not just user participatorycontent. And certainly when it comes to Foursquare, they want to keep a very tight control over their brand and the quality of what they provide, so an addventure could be a challenge for them.

I once wrote a text-based adventure game (zork style thing) that was set in Paris (it was for a French class... so sue me). You started with a clue that would send you to a location in the city, and went from clue to clue until you found the final prize. I can almost see a geo-based treasure hunt of this sort being something that can be created by users, but still "run" by Foursquare.

A geoAddventure would take this one step further. Maybe even several steps. Not just clues at each point, but multiple clues. And getting to an empty location (once you figured out that location) lets you... set clues to a new place? I dunno... still seems like there might be serious quality control issues at play. And how do you keep that within any sort of a story line? We had enough trouble with straight text addventuring!

But if you don't... I can see users solving the adventure quickly... and then getting bored with the new feature.

4 comments:

  1. Casinos Near Philadelphia | Find Casinos Near Philadelphia
    The closest casinos 정읍 출장샵 are in Philadelphia, PA, 안성 출장마사지 Casinos Near Philadelphia is 용인 출장마사지 located near The Ritz and Casino. 군산 출장마사지 Where to Find Casino Near Philadelphia? 안양 출장안마

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1xbet - Best Bet in 1xBet - Download or Install for Android
    1xbet is the best betting app in the world 도레미시디 출장샵 created https://vannienailor4166blog.blogspot.com/ for esports. It is a one of the safest and most trusted names 1xbet korean among players. It offers https://septcasino.com/review/merit-casino/ a user friendly 출장안마 interface

    ReplyDelete
  3. When all that's accomplished, the dealer will raise the 1xbet korea marker off the quantity on the layout, and betting could start again. Because the following player to use the same colour chips could designate a different worth, roulette chips haven't any worth away from the roulette wheel. When prepared to depart the table, place all remaining roulette chips on the layout and ask the dealer to cash out. The dealer will trade them for the equal quantity of regular casino chips.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The US is the most well-liked nation for prime Social Casino video games in terms of|when it comes to|by method 카지노 of} each income and downloads. Playtika’s WSOP and Zynga Poker proceed to dominate the sub-genre although rising at below the market rate. At the identical time, video games likeTexas Hold'em Poker and Poker Atrix grew considerably sooner. Games like Spades Royale, Holdem or Foldem, Mega Hit Poker. Overall, in terms of|when it comes to|by method of} income, practically every poker sport in prime 20 grew throughout 2021.

    ReplyDelete